The Professional Choice

Replacement Ball Joint Part Number

Submitted on 2011/07/30 at 8:21 pm

I have 01 silverado with djm lower control arms I need the ball joint part number please,
Its a 1500 2 wheel drive not hd


Submitted on 2011/08/01 at 8:51 am


The ball joint part number you need is 6541, this is a moog number that can be crossed over to a McQuay Norris or a TRW part number. It is also available thru the DJM Factory Store.

DJM Tech

12 Responses to Replacement Ball Joint Part Number

  1. I have a 1999 Ford F150 with DJM Upper Control Arms, I recently broke the upper ball joint. I can’t find a replacement. Could I get the number for that please.

    • Shaun,
      The part number you need is 6370. Don’t ask for a factory replacement, just ask for a 6370 or a K6370. This is a moog part number and any good parts house should have a crossover number for the line they carry! If you can’t find anything locally click here and you can order them direct! By the way be sure you keep the machined spacer from your old ball joint, you need to use it on the new one!!


  2. I have a 99 Ranger thats bagged. I bought DJM 4″lowered dropped upper n lower arms. I’ve had em on for about a year now n love em, Until earlier tonight when I aired up my front to make a turn. Apparently I raised up too high n broke my driver side uppper ball joint. What is the ball joint part number or will an oem ball joint work as a replacement?

    • Roy,

      It is a factory replacement part or yo can buy them from us or a local NAPA (or others) store. Use the MOOG part number K8738 to get your replacement part!


  3. I got a 07 f150 2wd with the 3/5 or 3.5/5 djm drop on it… I need new ball joints for lower control arm wat is the part number for me to get the rite one to fit it?

    • Josh,
      The moog part number which can be crossed over to any other ball joint line is “8695T”. You should be able to get them locally but if you can’t you can get them from us! Click here!!
      Let us know!!

  4. I have a 2007 Escalade with drop control arms, I get a pop noise on driver side when I back up or sometimes start to move forward. I checked for nut and bolt tightness twice on all the coponents, can it be the ball joints and what is the part numbers for them?

    • John,

      Dry ball joints make “popping’ sounds when they move. Most of the time you hear strange sounds it’s a lubrication problem! We recommend a teflon grease or “Never Seize” for their lubricating and weather proof qualities.

      DJM Tech

  5. I also have an 01 silverado. ordered 6541 lower ball joints,didnt fit. Measurement on control arm is 1.75 or close to it and the 6541 measures 2 or better. whats wrong?

    • Bob,

      The ball joint number 6541 we use have a od of 1.75″ and would work great for you. My best guess is the box you have that says 6541 does not have a 6541 in it. It happens to us too!

      DJM Tech

Leave a reply