The Professional Choice

Parts for my 66 Dodge

Hello, I’m using a chassis from a 1994 Dodge 1500 to hot rod my 1966 Dodge. I picked up a set of upper and lower control arms to lower the front end, but am unsure as to how to attach the upper control arms. Do I use the factory “hinge” bar (the bar that is bolted to the frame and used for alignment and fulcrum point for control arm)? Or is there a replacement piece to attach the arm to the frame?


Submitted on 2011/12/12 at 2:00 pm | In reply to Andy.


Yes you do use the factory mounting shaft with your DJM upper arms. Here is an excerpt from the instructions pertaining to the upper control arms!
“Remove the mounting shaft from the factory upper arm and install in the new DJM upper arm. Mark a reference line on one of the bushings and steel sleeve and remove from arm. Apply some grease to the end of the mounting shaft and install into the new arm. Push the bushing back into the arm and then the sleeve. Make sure you align your reference lines. Install and tighten the nuts on each end of the mounting shaft. As you tighten the nuts check the gap between the inner edge of the sleeve and the shoulder of the shaft, there needs to be a .025 gap on both sides. Now mount on truck with factory hardware”.

Good luck with your 66, send us some pictures very curious to see what you doing!!

DJM Tech

Leave a reply